About This Course
As Meditation Teachers, we seek to equip students with the spiritual knowledge, skills, and dispositions that will help them rediscover their spiritual identity and allow them to become more effective and empowered members of their community.
We aim to continously improve our courses and the quality of teaching and learning. To support this aim, a core group of Meditation Teachers will explore Harvard's Project Zero, Teaching for Understanding, which is an approach to curriculum design that goes beyond the simple relay of information to help students develop transferable knowledge and skills that they can apply in situations they have never encountered before. In this program, participants will become familiar with the Teaching for Understanding design framework and develop lessons that will foster deeper, more transferable learning in any environment.
- This program is open to mature and experienced Raj Yoga teachers who:
- have a basic and working understanding of Competency Based Education;
- are able to dedicate 3 to 4 hours per week to this program;
- are able to work in teams of 3 to 6 people, with face to face meetings every two weeks, either online or on-site;
- are able to apply and work with these concepts in a teaching environment and capacity during the duration of this program.